Now more than ever we need to be on top of our online presence. There are 3.5 billion active social media users and it can be a confusing world to set foot in. To get you started, here’s a quick overview of the main platforms.
- Personal, great for keeping in touch with friends and family.
- Is a market leader as the most widely used platform.
- Facebook owns Instagram, so cross posting is a great option to save time if needed.
- The scheduling tool is great for business, and you can easily track engagement.
- Perfect for engagement.
- Short, to the point, you will have to carefully think about what you are going to say without going over the 140 character limit.
- Curate your news feed through following industry relevant accounts.
- Hashtags are important – use them wisely.
- Search hashtags to find out more about your chosen topic.
- Stories are very popular, and great for sharing non-permanent snippets and updates that don’t affect your feed aesthetics.
- Use the story features to increase engagement through polls, questions, gifs and quizzes.
- IGTV – a feature that allows longer videos to be shared. They are stored on your profile under a separate section, so are great to use for regular video content.
- Story highlights are a simple and easy way for people to find out more. Have a good think about how you use these to your advantage.
- Curated feeds draw attention and engagement. Have a look at some apps that can help you do this to give your brand a slick feel.
- Primarily used for business networking.
- Content on LinkedIn should be professional, and is a great place to share stories that help promote your business or industry.
- Don’t connect to just anyone, and send a message when connecting to create a personal connection.
- Great for employment prospects – many people find new jobs via this platform.
- Carefully curate your profile – don’t leave anything blank – think of it as your CV – it sells you.
- The best platform for video marketing.
- Competition is HIGH – approximately 400 hours of video is uploaded every minute!
- Keep videos short and effective.
- Change your file name when you upload – people need to be able to find your video easily.
- Pick relevant thumbnails – otherwise it may automatically use one of you mid-talking!
- The only social media platform to offer a visual search.
- Approximately 83% of weekly users have made a purchase based on what content they have seen
- Great for inspiration – use specific boards to give your clients what they want.
- Rich Pins – great for providing extra information. There are 4 available: Product Pins, Recipe Pins, Article Pins, and App Pins.
- A trend among 16-25 year olds which typically involves creating 15 second video clips.
- If you are using TikTok for business, be sure to download the pro version so you can track analytics.
- Hop on to current trends and link them to your brand to increase engagement and improve the algorithm to boost your visibility.
- Use hashtags wisely – short and to the point.
We’ve managed all sorts of social profiles – from large hotels and boutique hospitality businesses to business parks and design companies.
We provide all of the above as a service, so if you want to know more, do get in touch, we’ll be more than happy to give you some advice or help you curate your brand to tell your story! firstname.lastname@example.org